The body needs these supplements for the growth of muscles. They are also used for providing the body with the energy needed during workouts. They are available in different forms such as powders and sachets. Whey proteins are rich in the active proteins such as beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactoalbumin, lactoferrin, immunoglobulins as well as other growth factors.
They are therefore able to boost the functioning of the immune system. Additionally, they are rich in antioxidants which enhance the growth and recovery of muscles. This article is going to discuss the various types of whey protein supplements as well as the health benefits associated with these proteins.
Benefits of whey proteins
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowering blood pressure: Helps in reducing blood pressure in individuals suffering from hypertension.
- Reducing the risks of cardio diseases
- Cancer treatment: Whey protein has anti-cancer properties which are effective in treating cancer.
- Lowering cholesterol: these proteins have less fat and are used to lower the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Fighting asthma: Regular consumption of whey protein helps in improving the immune system in young children. This helps them to respond well to respiratory illnesses such as asthma.
Main types of whey proteins
Gold standard whey
This is the most popular and best-selling whey protein. It is also known as gold standard 100%. It consists of isolates or WP which is rated as 90.5 pure protein. The whey proteins found in gold standard are readily absorbed into the system. This is a protein which plays a significant in supporting the growth of muscles and maintaining them. This protein is rich in carbs, sugars, fats and amino acids. You are advised to take this protein 30minutes before or just after the workout exercise.
Impact whey proteins
This protein is suitable for those people who are active or who are looking to meet the daily protein requirements. Impact whey proteins are made up of grass-fed whey. Regular consumption of this protein helps in facilitating the maintenance and growth of muscle mass. This protein is recommended for those individuals who are actively involved in sports and exercises. You can consume it at any time of the day to top up the intake of protein. This protein is also consumed 30-60 minutes after the workout exercise to boost the metabolism processes of the body. A single serving of these proteins offers 21 g of proteins. Additionally, this protein supplement has essential amino acids which are very useful to the body. Furthermore, this protein has 1 g of carbohydrate and 1.9 g of fat per serving.